At Centron we offer recognition of professional excellence, an opportunity both give and receive quality advice and leadership and the chance to influence the course of the business and take responsibility for a growing number of functions and people.
We understand that employees should be treated as responsible adults whose family commitments are important to them. We offer flexibility in scheduling so you can attend school, sport and extracurricular functions as well as other family commitments.
At Centron our team of professionals and our projects are diverse. We know that each and every member is essential to our organization, and that we are part of a family that achieves by building together over the long run. With a shared vision of quality and excellence, we are an overnight success that took 29 years.
This position provides hands-on manual labour to assist all trades, contractors, project and site personnel as directed by the Site Superintendent.
- Provide hands-on assistance with all physical tasks such as loading, unloading and moving materials, lifting/operating basic equipment and cleaning the site.
- Maintain a strong commitment to Health and Safety.
- Assist Project Manager, Site Superintendent, Trades/Contractors as directed.
- Communicate effectively with all site personnel.
- Travel to project locations as required or as assigned.
UNIQUE WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is required to work in all weather conditions. Traveling to job sites and/or company meetings may be required. Valid driver’s license, personal vehicle and sound abstract may be required depending on site/project.
This position is also physically demanding and may require ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
This is high volume, routine work. All work is physically demanding and can be repetitive in nature.
Direction Received From: Site Superintendent
- Completion of high school essential.
- Exposure to trades certificate courses or post-secondary courses in a construction-related field an asset for career development purposes
- Completion of a Health and Safety Program/Certificate an asset
- One year manual labour related experience, preferably in a construction setting
- Proven ability to take direction and follow procedures
- Able to work independently.
- Proven customer service skills
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
ON – THE – JOB ORIENTATION:
1-2 months: Job tasks are repetitive and require following the same steps for task completion.
- Friendly and helpful
- Organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
All Employees are expected to:
- Set up for success
- Be a team member
- Be straight forward
- Have a bias for action
- Undersell and over perform
- Meet Company standards of success: scheduling, costs, and quality
- Bring a sense of humour and fun
Employees in this position are expected to:
- Reflect Centron’s image of quality and achievement to the public
- Reflect Centron’s ‘can-do’ team culture through a ‘how can I help’ attitude
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner
- Look for best practices to assist with efficiencies and effectiveness